Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ComfortFusion by Respironics




http://comfortfusion.respironics.com/

Category
Nasal/Triangle mask

Contents
1 Mask Assembly, 1 headgear, and 1 manual.

Ingenuity
The newer technology on this mask is the larger, soft forehead pad. The forehead pad is also adjustable either towards the user or away from the user. This helps with the comfort level on the bridge of the nose. The main cushion seems to be traditional considering Respironics' previous nasal/triangle masks, similar to the Comfort Classic.

Comfort Classic Link:http://comfortclassic.respironics.com/

Application
Right out of the packaging, it is easy to get it ready for immediate use. One only has to remove the protective cover from the main cushion and remove the application guide attached to the headgear with a quick pull. The mask has Quick Clips to make attaching and detaching the headgear more efficient. Respironcs exhaust swivel is well designed and very quiet.

Seal Durability
I will give this mask a Seal Durability of Medium. It can take head movements from side to side, but nothing extreme. It can also maintain a seal with light side pressure, like from a pillow. Mainly, care need to be taken when trying to maintain a seal while the user lays on the side.

Cleaning
Respironics claims the mask doesn't need to be disassembled for cleaning making this process easier on the user. The masks cushion can come off quickly and easily if one desires either for cleaning or cushion replacement. Here's a link with ComfortFusion mask care info:

http://comfortfusion.respironics.com/maskcare.aspx



Overall Impression
This mask is good for beginners or for use in a sleep lab where there are alot of "newbies". This mask is simple to use and adjust. This is a good mask if you are just getting into PAP therapy.

2 comments:

  1. This is very similar to the type of mask I have. I agree that the seal is sometimes open when I sleep on the side of my face. Also, to maintain the seal, I notice that the mask is tight enough that it is affecting the amount of circulation on my upper lip, and that it creates a crease in the middle of my forehead.

    Sometimes I treasure my mask: Really! Because it is so relaxing to go to sleep knowing that I will not wake up gasping for air, or maybe even worse, just suffocate a little bit all night without even noticing. I appreciate that CPAP prevents all that suffocating!

    But I would like to arrive at a solution that doesn't wake me up sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be reviewing nasal pillow type masks soon. Perhaps that style will suit you better.

    ReplyDelete